Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crafts In Progress


I feel as though my new little blog has floundered a bit over the last couple of weeks. With Mike's surgery we have certainly been home but I have certainly not been in a routine and so the almost finished projects seem to be piling up. I am inspired and craftily active; in the month of May I have amassed the designs and materials for a good number of projects. I think June will be designated the month to stop planning new projects and wrap up some current projects. With that said, the above box is a gift I am giving tomorrow to my friend Deanna who paper crafts but hasn't been in the habit of using buttons, ribbon and embroidery floss much so I made her this little kit to enjoy. It was fun plowing through my boxes of ribbon cutting and twirling the ribbon to go in her kit. I enjoyed opening all my jars of buttons and selecting a variety of colors and sizes to add to her new collection. I love wrapping embroidery floss and piling them up in the corner. I also threw in a mini-pin cushion I made awhile ago for a craft day party that was left over.

This reminds me that my work friend Cortney mentioned that she bought a huge bag of buttons for $3 over the weekend and was afraid she suffered buyers remorse as she didn't know what to do with them. I of course heard "$3" and "giant bag of buttons" and had almost lost consciousness. :) I recovered well enough to tell her that if she ever sees another bag of buttons for $3 that she doesn't want for herself she should buy it and I would more than happily give her $3 and buy her a cup of coffee! I then brainstormed with her about all the magical things you can do with buttons. Luckily she knows me well enough not to think I am insane going on and on happily about how much I love buttons (Look at my last blog! I love buttons!)

Over the phone, I forced her to do a flickr search for "button jewelry" and with more than 5,000 pictures I think she began to understand... the magical world of buttons!


This is one of my unfinished projects I am committed to completing soon. I have to admit that I love the colors and the progress on this small quilt (30 x 30) but wasn't sure what or who it was intended for but luckily a little person joined the world recently and has provided all the inspiration I need. I do think I will wait to go into more detail when this little blanket has been delivered to its intended home. I just wanted to post to my crafty friends and my mom and brother-in-law most likely that I have been up to something and didn't want to leave my blog too bare for too long.

1 comment:

Fer said...

Mmmmm, buttons!!!

Sweet quilt too, nice choice of colours.