Saturday, April 5, 2008

Craft Day

Today I had some girlfriends come over to be crafty. My friend Whitney wanted to make a baby quilt. Jenna and Hannah came over to assist/work on their own project/were talked into it by myself. I have to say that I had the best time. I mean I would be crafting today anyway but today I had friends over and was able to host a little lunch as well. My friends worked intently.

Whitney, never having sewn was our ironer/quality control analyst. Jenna saved the day by assisting with the quilt construction which was more interesting than our bag construction. Hannah did good work on her bag and insured her position in my life as the "always a sport and goes along with Laura's tangents even though she thinks I'm odd" friend.

We almost completed the quilt today.Whitney spent a good portion of her day worrying about the quilt, closing her eyes during the binding process and during some of the actual quilting while Jenna and I reassured her over and over again with "fabric stretches, it's fine" and Hannah chiming in with "no one will be able to see the back!" This didn't seem to alleviate her anxiety. We didn't even need to use our tricky strategies because the quilt went together really well. Whitney had a good eye for fabric and was very conscientious with the lay out and the basting so the quilt stitched up quickly.

It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with some great girls. I mean what could be better on a Saturday than friends, coffee, three sewing machines and sunshine?

I made these as little party favors for the girls.


3 comments:

Mina said...

I`m sure you all had a great time together, what a wonderful way to spend a Saturday!! I wish I could be part of this party too!!! Congratulations for all the girls for the effort , dedication and the wonderful results!

Hoffrooe said...

Thanks Bia, you are kind. I felt quite lucky to be able to rouse a gang of girls to spend the day crafting. They have requested another soon which I am very excited about!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I love doing crafty things with crafty people.