Friday, April 4, 2008

Christmas in April

Today I was working on a Christmas stocking and I was in such a good and pleasant mood. I had the Christmas spirit but on a spring day working on a project without the normal pressures of time that the holiday season usually brings. It was wonderful. I had my moment of crafty Zen.

This year I plan on actually making Mike and I something. Last year I did a lot of Christmas projects and ended up giving them all away except for two little felt snowmen I just couldn't part with. So this year I am going to have a "style" for our Christmas decorating. I am not going to pull out all my decorations willy nilly but am going to think and plan and actually create some projects that go together. I have decided to have a Scandinavian simple sort of theme for our living space. I have decided to use the fabric in the photo as inspiration. I have also decided that the Boyd's Bears still get used, of course!

My sister amongst a few other people have suggested I started an ETSY store. I haven't decided if I will, right now I am making two of things and mulling it over. So I made a second stocking tonight. Which I was happy doing, because I like the stocking and the movie Mike was watching was too scary so Ralph and I sat at the dining room table avoiding the tv.

1 comment:

Tine said...

What a great stocking! A thanks for reminding me, I have to do some Christmas-stuff this summer too....